Software Engineering and Management 120
The master’s programme Software Engineering and Management is based on one of our strong research profiles and relies on a close collaboration with industry, for example through project work and guest lectures where you will be confronted with authentic projects and challenges for software intensive industries.
After completing the programme, you are well prepared for different roles involved in the development of software such as developers, testers, quality manager, software architect, project manager, as well as for further studies in the university, for example graduate studies.
Specifically, you have developed perspectives for:
- Understanding industrial practices
- Supporting practices with new methods and tools
- Innovating practices to improve performance
The Software Engineering and Management master's programme is for you who want to become a professional software engineer who can contribute constructively to both software intensive industries and societies. The master's programme combines advanced the technical knowledge with managerial skills, all needed to produce large technologically advanced systems in ways that correspond to contemporary demands for quality and speed in very dynamic environments. We apply and combine different perspectives and approaches to educate engineers who are qualified to design software with high quality and low development and maintenance cost, and also future researchers who can work innovatively and conduct advanced experiments with technology within software engineering.
By working closely together with both researchers and practitioners in projects, you receive a wide range of opportunities to shape a career in industry or academia. The education is largely project- and problem-based, supervised by both researchers from the university and practitioners from industry.
The programme is entirely given in English and we welcome students from all countries.
The Software Engineering Master's programme has been selected by the Swedish Institute to nominate candidates for scholarships. Please visit the webpages of the Swedish Institute for more information on how to apply for a scholarship.
Fler utbildningar hos utbildaren
- Game design & Technology 120 hp, Göteborgs universitet, Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik
- Datavetenskapligt program kandidatnivå 180 hp, Göteborgs universitet, Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik
- Computer Science, Master's Programme 120 hp, Göteborgs universitet, Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik
- Applied Data Science, Master's Programme 120 hp, Göteborgs universitet, Institutionen för data- och informationsteknik